• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic Downsizing: need to give away a Tegra printer

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

aiuto

I am downsizing and have to give away a Tegra Genesis Laser Phototypesetter, circa 1990. It is located in Nassau County, NY (on Long Island). Too heavy to ship. I must find a home for it before July 15th, 2023.

It was a beauty for it's time. It did 1000DPI pagess at 20 ppm. The print engine is a Varityper 2100 (serial FB00227). It is about 4'w x 2'd x 18"h (if fit exactly over two raised floor panels). The RIP was a large tower machine - Tegra Genesis (serial 141). It contains an NS 32016 running Coherent.

The RIP emulates a Compugraphic 8600 typesetter. It has serial and Compugraphics parallel interfaces. I have all the manuals, cables and a bunch of software on diskettes.

The RIP and all manuals an interface stuff has been in my (dry) basement since the late 90's. The setter has been in the garage. I know I will never get around to restoring it, so it is free to a good home. If you are seriously interested, respond off list to tony.aiuto@gmail.com

Back