• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

//e compatibility card conundrum

Towmater

Experienced Member
I have a //e card in a Color Classic Mac, with some slight limitations. The internal floppy in the Mac is dead. The Y-cable is missing, so i cannot use external A2 drives. The BMOW floppy emu can't handle prodos floppy images.

This would seem a dead-end, however I do have a scsi2sd installed so I can still put any A2 files I need on the hard drive using a Mac with 10.5 OS. The only thing really holding me back is being able to mount A2 disk images that are the common format one might find in Asimov, etc.

Can anyone suggest a way to mount A2 disk images in System 7 so that they can be served to the //e card?

Can you make a ProDOS partition on the SD card alongside the System 7 partition? Then when booted in System 7, move the images over to the ProDOS partition, and then when you boot the IIe card, it should be able to see them there.

Yep, but most of the available-on-the-net files are disk images, so all I can do is move the disk images to the ProDos partition(s) and the A2 still can't do anything with them because there's no way to mount them. Follow-up question, is their a way to write to hfs partitions in macOS 10.12 so that I don't have to use the 10.5 machine's nearly-broken version of Safari to access A2 files on the net?

Back