• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Easy way to make your own PCB's

Thrashbarg

Experienced Member
Hi,

First off, sorry if this is a dupe, I've searched the forum and can't find anything about this ;)

I've been working on my own PCB's recently and have been having success with it. I've tried two methods, the *expensive* toner transfer film and the cheaper method.

http://www.raymondaudio.nl/info/info1/info1.html is one example of the cheaper method.

The tricky part is finding some glossy paper. I got mine from a friend who owns a business selling ink ribbons and all sorts of printer related goods. PM me if you live in Adelaide and can't find any, though I'm sure he'll know of suppliers overseas.

I found with the paper I got rather than peeling it off you just rub it off under water.

The cheaper method works much better than the toner transfer film! Don't waste your money on it.

The paper you're looking for is sort of like magazine paper, but a little thicker like ordinary paper. It should be slightly dull on one side and glossy on the other. I found printing on the glossy side works best because the toner doesn't hold as well to it as it normally would.

Good luck!

Back