• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

eBay down-time

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
******Site Temporarily Unavailable******
Date: 05/09/05 Time: 09:03:12 PM PDT

We are aware the site is unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience,
eBay

Dat zux! And yet, they still charge the full price, even tho your sales aren't accessable for the full amount of time.
/rant

--T

Huh! I guess they do credit you for downtime, but only if it's more than 2 hours.

This evening a primary hosting provider for eBay in the San Francisco Bay Area experienced a power outage, and all site functions were temporarily down. eBay has been working with our hosting vendor to fully restore the site. As of 22:10 PDT all listings were available to view and bid on, however, some other site functions remained intermittently available. We will work to resolve these remaining issues during the next several hours.
eBay will be issuing credits and listing extensions, per our outage policy.

The listings on eBay’s sites around the world sit on 21 complex databases. Today’s outage affected the listings on those databases in two ways:

One group of databases was unavailable from 19:33 PDT until 22:10 PDT. Since the items in these databases were unavailable for more than 2 hours, eBay will credit all fees associated with these listings. In addition, eBay has extended these listings by 24 hours and added an additional two hours to the credit and extension period.

The second group of databases was unavailable for less than 2 hours, from 19:33 PDT until 21:15 PDT. Since these items were unavailable for less than 2 hours, eBay will credit all listing fees associated with these listings, but will not extend the listings. We will also add two hours to the credit period for these listings.
Credits for both groups will include the .40 fee for any 10-day auctions that were active at 19:33 PDT.

We thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We will provide additional information on this situation later today.

I hate when I don't have sum'n to bitch about...

--T

lol ya you always gotta have something to bitch about
us humans always need something to overcome we're screwed up like that.
thats why god made us so we make all kinds of mistakes.. keeps life interesting... or maybe it's just to entertain him lol

homebrew computer newsletters on ebay

homebrew computer newsletters on ebay

I saw this on ebay today if anyone is interested.

ebay item 7516883504

Back