• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

Epson PX-8 back-up battery

Charles21

Could somebody advise where the back-up battery is located in the PX-8? I could not find this information on the various manuals available online and I would like to keep the disassembling to a minimum.

Thanks

kyodai

Experienced Member
The "intelligent RAM board" has the backup battery attached to it, so there is no other way but taking it apart. 4 Standard AAA cells will do the trick.

Charles21

The "intelligent RAM board" has the backup battery attached to it, so there is no other way but taking it apart. 4 Standard AAA cells will do the trick.

Thanks for your reply. I had actually located the back-up battery. It is a long yellow cylinder that appears to be soldered to a vertical pin at each end. I assume that I need to unsolder these two pins to get the battery out. Do you have any idea about what is in the yellow cylinder? Is it a single battery or there are multiple small batteries? I am afraid that 4 AAA batteries will not fit inside the case. Also, how could they be secured to the board? I assume that the batteries need to be re-chargeable.

Any comments/answers are very much appreciated. Thanks.