• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Ethernet card for IBM PC XT

nstephenh

I am a student who wishes to use his IBM PC XT as a SSH client, but do not have a ethernet card and am having trouble locating one. Please PM me if you have one. Am willing to pay up to 30 dollars including shipping. I am in North Carolina, USA.

I have 3 ISA cards they are 16 bit but will work in an 8 bit slot. PM me if interested. Plus your just up the road a few hundred miles from me down in Gator country!

I'd find the SSH client that you are going to use first before worrying about the Ethernet card. I can assure you that Ethernet cards are going to be more plentiful than SSH clients that run well on an 8088 class machine.

I'm familiar with SSHDOS, but does it run on 8088 class processors? Edit: It looks like it is supposed to work on that class of hardware ...

My recommendations for the card are the 3Com 3C503 or an NE1000 clone. Old SMC/WD 8 bit cards work great too and perform very well.

These two work well for my 8088 machines. I really like the parallel port one. Not sure about the drivers you want to use as far as compatibility. Ipx and netbui work fine. I did have MS TCPIP working with one of them. It was using a ton of memory so I pulled back to netbui only. I just needed a file share so netbui was fine.

Matt

photopc2.jpgphotopc3.jpg

I have an Artisoft AE-1T too if you need it. It's an 8-bit 10Base-T card, that uses an NE1000 compatible chipset.

Back