• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

First Plains Post

Rick Ethridge

Veteran Member
Welcome from Plattsmouth, Nebraska. I have a "reasonable" sized collection of Tandy/Radio Shack, Commodore and older PC compatible systems.

(Moderator's note: This was moved from a regional forum.)

Last edited by a moderator:

jmetal88

Veteran Member
Derby, KS (Wichita area) here. Seems like not a lot of vintage computer collecting goes on in the Great Plains.

LOL. Yes, sadly, I'm thinking this will be a fairly slow section of the VCF. However, there are people in the Plains area with a passion for vintage computing, they are just a LOT more spread out.

Caleb Hansberry

Veteran Member
Um, hi. Just wanted to say I'm from the great plains area in Colorado. I have a collection averaging 20 computers, with an emphasis on laptops. I live in a small space (because housing is more expensive than land :p) so while I like keeping vintage computers, sometimes I'll get one, check it out, perform repairs, and pass it on to someone else. My favorite system is the one I grew up with, 386/486 Windows 3.1 systems. I seek to buy a GRiD 1660 if anyone has one.

Windows2000

Experienced Member
Reporting from the Kansas City metropolitan area. I have a rotating collection in 286-Pentium systems, early laptops and 68000-era Apple computers. I also have a small collection in CPU's and front bezel stickers.

mperu99

Reporting from Kansas City Metro area as well, I have various PCs , parts and such. I have things like Apple Emac (this has been upgraded from stock) TI99,(in box) commodore 64 , commodore 128, 486DX2 66 Gateway 2000 (holding for buyer), IBM 300PL, CPU coolers, TONS of IDE hard drives, CPUs , ram, cases. 1.44 floppy drives cd / cdrw and dvd drives.. willing to sell most anything , even trade for something i would like to have..

FYI Windows2000 member.. I believe I have AMD K6-II processors

lafos

Experienced Member
A bit farther north, in Eastern South Dakota, I've been a TRS-80 user since 1980. Downsized the collection a bit so that others could enjoy them, but still have a few TRS-80 Model I's, a couple of the Model 4P, and a Model 200. Use an old P3 system with an emulator that can actually write both single and double density floppies with native hardware under MSDOS. I have to kludge around the DAM issue on single density Model I TRSDOS and NewDOS+, but others work great. An emulator on a 27" display is interesting.

Larry