• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

fleaBay wierdos

This is, most likely, due to idiots who have NO idea what it is they are trying to sell, NO idea of how to test and/or align what they are trying to sell and a pretty GOOD idea that people will buy a cheaper pig-in-a-poke rather than a slightly more expensive restored and tested piece of equipment.

P. T. Barnum certainly was right and, in addition to that adage, I'm probably a fool for bothering to test EVERY piece of equipment I sell.

Business means making a profit

Business means making a profit

Interesting discussion. I think we can all understand what these people are doing: trying to make as much money as possible. Some of you run your own business and can understand the need to make money. Having said that, greed isn't good and I certainly don't approve of these businesses overcharging for vintage computer components. But it's up to the buyer to understand the true value of these items and restrain from buying anything overpriced.

I learned something here; I didn't know many of these businesses (like IT Equipment Express) do not have the items they list on eBay in stock. Isn't this a violation of eBay rules?

If you think the likes of IT Equipment Express are bad (or funny), consider this eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170281558801 ["Netscape Navigator (1995) Version 1.2 - Unopened! RARE" starting bid US$1,299.99].

I learned something here; I didn't know many of these businesses (like IT Equipment Express) do not have the items they list on eBay in stock. Isn't this a violation of eBay rules?

I believe it's only a violation if you're NOT a PowerSeller, making FeeBay and it's subsiduary, Pay-Through-The-Nose-Pal, a sh*tload of money.

"All are equal, but some are more equal than others" - Animal Farm

Back