• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For sale: PS/2 to PCjr Keyboard Converters

jmetal88

Veteran Member
Hey everyone,

I've been making and selling PS/2 to PCjr keyboard converters over on Mike Brutman's forum, and I have three left out of my last batch seemingly without much additional interest over there, so I thought I'd offer them here. They are $30 plus shipping, and if you're within the contiguous United States and don't mind a bubble mailer, I'm offering a $3 flat rate shipping option for that scenario, for a total of $33.

Here is a photo of what you'll get:

https://i.imgur.com/RAIHfIu.jpg

It's just plug and play -- plug into the PCjr "K" header with proper orientation ('thick' part of the shield facing up), plug in a PS/2 keyboard, turn on the machine, and have at it! Aside from a lack of handling parity errors, I'm not aware of any major missing features or bugs on these, and I haven't had any reports of the ~15 or so units I've shipped having any failures or usability issues (aside from some early units that are still out there with earlier revisions of the software that the users didn't feel had significant enough deficiencies to send back).

I likely won't make another batch of these unless there's a significant amount of interest, but I have published schematics and source code if you want to make your own (just Google search "PS2PCjr_12F617" and you'll find the SVN on Assembla). And if you don't want to make your own, just buy one of the three I'm offering here!

Thanks for considering!

I may stick these on eBay if I don't see interest here soon. But I'd rather sell them here and avoid the final value fees. :)

Any chance of going the other way? I.E. a PC JR to PS/2 (or better yet XT) convertor? I would love to be able to use the small PC Jr. Keyboards w/ my XT.

And we're sold out! Thanks everyone!

I'll keep a waiting list for anyone else interested and start a new batch of I get at least five people on it. :)

Am I the only one that doesn't really mind typing on the chicklet keyboard? I prefer it to the enhanced one.

Weird, I know.

I didn't mind the enhanced keyboard until I tried playing games that use the keypad as movement keys. I would have to use the top row number keys for diagonal movement. A total pain. With the converter and a PS/2 keyboard, it works MUCH better.

Does anyone make a PS/2 to XT adapter? XT or AT-XT switchable keyboards are getting hard to find. I have seen adapters listed on eBay, but they look passive so I don't think they would work on an XT.

Back