• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

Oooo...that IBM looks *identical* to our 30-286. Too bad it will probably also just boot to built in basic because the hard drive is bad. But what an HD setup--caching microchannel controller yum yum.

And that AST is awesome VLbus and EISA slots in what seems to be a 486dx33--top of the line.

What a LOAD of systems. Must be someone who had a shop or was refurbing for a reason and is now looking to get out. Lots of great stuff in there, some of it decently modern too like the D610 laptops and the DDR2 ram.

The problem with the changers was they treated them like they were gold plated or something and divulged little about how to run them or exploit them.

I've got an 18 cd changer which takes three of the 6 pack Pioneer units but they never shared any info. And their drivers were poorly supported and were finicky as heck. It is SCSI. I may have seen one that was IDE in the past. Not a lot of ways to implement device directives to an IDE device, but pretty simple to have vendor specific additions on SCSI.

I probably should move the 18 disk unit on to someone who can use it, I got it from a friend who was downsizing.

I wonder if the thing at the top of the unit is the IDE cage. I was not sure what device was a CD changer in the images I saw.
thanks
jim
I vaguely recall these units and I think they had to be manually changed to access each disk. Otherwise, it was some sort of proprietary driver. Or I just don't remember. :(

I vaguely recall these units and I think they had to be manually changed to access each disk. Otherwise, it was some sort of proprietary driver. Or I just don't remember. :(

I just took receipt of the 1/2 5 1/4 SCSI version. The one in the ad is a 7 disk larger full high standalone. IIRC they run fine on Sun systems, but will have to get my IPX running to find out.

They are manual, which is better than the Pioneer 6 pack version, which if you were lucky would load the first pack 0 disk for you on device reset in time to not time out on boot.

Some of these trash thru all the disks every time the SCSI bus resets, and time out.

The seller has not responded despite two messages sent. My assessment is that those systems have already sold. Please do not invoke the Lord.

Jesus christ, there's a sound card in BOTH of those machines. Why does Raleigh have to be 1700 miles away?

*cries*

If there's a kind soul in/near Raleigh, and would like to make some cash shipping those to me...
Definitely nice as they look like they had external scsi terminators on them too. Very unique machines--I've never seen anything like them. Just check out that 5.25" drive on the tower and the unique matching bezel for the CD-ROM on the desktop.

Next Cube ($1500 CAD) & Color Cube ($2500) in Victoria, BC. These are pricey, but they look to be in good shape, complete & demonstrated working? Maybe fair. Says he's open to offers.

https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Steve-Jobs-NeXT-Cube-System-with-Display_32709339
https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Steve-Jobs-NeXT-Dimension-Cube-Colour-System-_32709464

I NEVER see stuff like this around here, so thought I'd share.

It does annoy me that he started both ads with the title "Steve Jobs." Can we just get over that guy already? He was an asshole and a scummy businessman, not some visionary hero. Ugh.

Price is ludicrous for that monitor.
hB6B577CA

Back