• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Found a smashed 8i some ;(

1ajs

Experienced Member
Want to scream right now
Whats left of it is some smashed cards back planes and a smashed dipswitch panel

Grabed what i could find of the dip switches should i go back for the other bits some idiot drove over it with a loader post pics of w i found when i get home

17183135472_b0c803aecd_b.jpg

16977378747_266920d32f_b.jpg

16562359304_f715513e38_b.jpg

16998608499_8e2533af3e_b.jpg

theres more its was getting to dark to tell but also managed to find some of the orange dip switchs mostly dirt on them

17184829925_48602e004f_b.jpg

Hi All;

1ajs, I would save everything you can, even the cards that the gold fingers are smashed..
Maybe, some of the Ic's can be saved and either for you or for someone who needs a particular Ic and can't find one anywhere else..
As my roommate would say I'd like to give who ever did this a size 13 boot..

THANK YOU Marty

Yes, save everything you can. We are always looking for spare parts for the RICM 8/I.
Unbroken plastic parts for the front panel switches should be saved.
The Power and Panel Lock switches are impossible to find.
Even the unbroken connectors from the backplane can be used for new projects.

If you can, save even the broken plastic pieces surch as the numbered handle pulls and broken switch inserts. Plastic is a relatively easy material to repair, and missing sections can be added.

its everywhere its insane filled a tub and theres still more buried in the mud also found my dip switch parts and dip switches of the other style witch really makes me cringe :S might of been a e or somethingt in the mix as well
even found a card jumper buried in the mud im guna start washing the dirt off and see what i have proper but heres my tub its quite heavy... thew alumin plate u see says VIDAR 604-20 SLAVE SCANNER grabed it for the sculpture

17204256482_aa6b3ddb66_b.jpg

i pritty much just took it all to the sink and washed all the mud out been burried in snow all winter as well and prolly out in the rain since july of last year
16587586833_be9919289a_b.jpg

the cores so mangled i took it apart. more stuff for the shrine sculpture dunno how im guna do this yet but could be interesting.
17207829595_a7ba2d8551_b.jpg

5 g221's
some 220's
50somthing

have to look over the ones i pulled out that are intact put em aside in a box

the tty cards are smahsed into peacs as well as the dec tape cards

found a pair of jumpers ones got some chunks out of it but prolly salvagble no?
17009996517_bab8602cc4_b.jpg

ill go over some stuff on here befor any of the smashed bits get used in the sculpture make sure im not using anything that might be usefull to people

im not letting go of the dip switches though thats guna get put together to display and have around for parts if i ever need them i know how hard they are to come by and dangit if i get a machean and it needs them im guna really kick my self if i let go of them sorry guys.

little bits i recsued
16597551593_79d8c9950f_b.jpg

crushed up back plane bits
17217187021_dd4e20e4ce_b.jpg

There's a good bet that if I had found a shredded PDP8 in a landfill I would have run through my complete vocabulary of "Anglo-Saxon" four letter words!

Some years back while in a filling station I saw a young man pull in with a circle track racer on a trailer. In use, these cars are first gutted of their interior and then spend much of their remaining life bashing into the other cars on the track. I did a double take as I realized the car was not just some random 1956 Ford. Rather it was a two door Crown Victoria still wearing the "unobtanium" chrome trim "crown" across the top that was unique to that model.

I'm not religious, but two pieces of scripture came to mind.

"Jesus wept!"

"Father, forgive them! For they know not what they do!"

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Arch...RD-CROWN-VICTORIA-CUSTOM-2-DOOR-HARDTOP-44676

Send me ur mailing info an ill get a quote on shipping for it

Sad what i found but perhaps it can go along ways for everyone

The amount of jober jaber i was uttering musta looked weird to my friend lol when i found it
And i will be making another trip to find what ever els i can find including te rest of the smashed backplane as theres allot of stuff buried in the mud around it

Last edited:
Back