• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FREE Sharp PC-1600

justanotherhacker

Experienced Member
NB - this is now taken. Glad to have found a home for it :)

Post was:

"Would anybody like a Sharp PC-1600? Little 80s handheld, like an overgrown calculator. Has two 32k RAM expansion packs (they claim to be battery backed, I guess that is probably long dead). Worked when last turned on about 8 years ago - it booted to BASIC.

Unfortunately I do not have the (about laptop-sized) base unit that had a pen plotter and some sort of disk drive :-( that was cool but some **** ... erm... delightful person binned it for me during a house move.

I am based the UK but will consider posting internationally, if it means this thing gets to go to somebody who would enjoy it, if the cost is not horrifying (so - probably OK to Europe and US/Canada but anywhere else I would have to check)."

Last edited:
Unfortunately I do not have the (about laptop-sized) base unit that had a pen plotter and some sort of disk drive :-( that was cool but some **** ... erm... delightful person binned it for me during a house move.

I've lost some stuff that way myself during a move. My sympathies.

Thanks Casey. Sympathies to you too. Many people's notion of what is "junk", and whether or not they are qualified to decide that, needs a good hard shaking :-(

Back