• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FS: Breakthru 286 accelerator card - includes all manuals and software

gepooljr

Experienced Member
Upgrade your 8088 to a 286 PC. This expansion card plugs into the motherboard of any 8088 or NEC V20. The device
is controlled by software. Clock speed boost is variable based on the system and is controlled by jumpers. This is new in box
and all software/manuals are included. I can also send a .zip file with the disk contents.

See attached pictures for further information.

I'm asking $100 plus $10 to pack and ship within the US. If interested, please send me a PM.

20170520_081845.jpg20170520_082149.jpg20170520_082243.jpg20170520_082327.jpg

Nope, I haven't bid on it. I saw it was missing the 8087 jumper. Missing hardware + no software = no bid :(

-J

Well.... I will check my archive and see if I still have it.

Update: Located and sent PM to both parties. Is there a website where I can FTP the zip file so anyone can use it?

Geoff

Last edited:
RadRacer203, congrats, it looks like you got a pretty good deal on it too. Hopefully it works, I'd love to see some benchmark comparisons between that and the Tiny Turbo 286.

RadRacer203, congrats, it looks like you got a pretty good deal on it too. Hopefully it works, I'd love to see some benchmark comparisons between that and the Tiny Turbo 286.

I was planning on doing that. I'll keep the Tiny Turbo in my 5160 and put this in my 5155. Still want to find an Inboard 386 but the prices are getting stupid

hello, found a 286 breakthru card on ebay

hello, found a 286 breakthru card on ebay

Upgrade your 8088 to a 286 PC. This expansion card plugs into the motherboard of any 8088 or NEC V20. The device
is controlled by software. Clock speed boost is variable based on the system and is controlled by jumpers. This is new in box
and all software/manuals are included. I can also send a .zip file with the disk contents.

See attached pictures for further information.

I'm asking $100 plus $10 to pack and ship within the US. If interested, please send me a PM.

View attachment 38681View attachment 38682View attachment 38683View attachment 38684

just wandering if the software for this card is posted somewhere or perhaps you still have a copy. would be great and much appreciated. the card also does not have the ribbon cable and 8088 plug or dummy 287 plug but i want to put it into a tandy hx with a little isa slot right angle mod at some point in time. the tandy does not have a 287 socket so maybe this card will work if i solder a cable and 8088 plug together. i may be able to figure out the pinouts with some research. the ground pins may give me some guidance and it looks like ribbon is a strait shot to the plug. i will also test any rigged cables and card on another less cared about pc. if someone can provide a pinout would be even better but any software would be super, thank you

Actually I just won it, I'm gonna be looking for the software if anyone has a copy

i am looking for the software also and will be needing to rig up a cpu cable. i will be trying to install it into a tandy hx with an isa slot adapter. the tandy does not have a 8087 socket so i hope i don't need to worry about that 8087 plug thing. all i have is the card and will be happy if i can get some software and a pinout of that cable i will have to rig up. i can probably figure it out by the ground connections from a 8088. anywhere i can get any help with any of these needs? it would be so much appreciated, thanks

Well.... I will check my archive and see if I still have it.

Update: Located and sent PM to both parties. Is there a website where I can FTP the zip file so anyone can use it?

Geoff
Hi,

I would be interested in the software for this card as well. Is there any place that it may be located?

Thanks,

Chris

Let me see if I have a copy of the software. I'm the one who bought this accelerator originally from this post, but I sold it to another forum member, but apparently the shipment got lost. But maybe i have the software backed up somewhere...

Could whoever has the software upload it somewhere public online? The software is important for enabling the cache, which is a massive help on this board.

OK, I think i found this archived on an old drive. I'm not 100% sure it's the whole thing. This accelerator in box came with "Lightning", a disk caching program by the same company, and the folder is named as such. But from the doc and included files i think this also includes the accelerator's drivers.

Attachments

• LIGHTNIN.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 9
These are indeed the correct files, but they are mangled -- all of the files except the text/doc files are empty. This is likely something to do with the way you tried to archive it on a mac (I see the MACOSX folder in there). Is there a different way you can try to share the files?

Oh sorry, I see now. I pulled it from a folder on another machine via dropbox, but the files weren't downloaded locally. So it zipped a bunch of stub files. Re-uploaded, will remove the other.

EDIT: Can't delete the old attachment or post, oh well. If a mod could delete that attachment it might save a few people some time down the road. :)

Attachments

• LIGHTNIN.zip
    106.5 KB · Views: 12
Back