• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Future Domain TMC-830 SCSI BIOS V7 Needed

hexsane

Experienced Member
Anyone have one of these SCSI controllers? I have V8.2 BIOS but the 830 isn't supported by it according to Adaptecs support site. A version 7 from any 8 bit card is required. (850, 875, 86x, 88x). I have a 4.0H BIOS but it isn't even listed in the matrix which isn't a good sign. ;)

I've just bought one of these off eBay and will dump the BIOS ROM ASAP. There is no version number on the label.

Does anyone have the 130's manual?

I want to try the 830 in a Tandy 1000 as the 850 and 1000 do not play together well I.e. No booting. The ideal Tandy 1000 SCSI controller appears to be the Rancho RT1000 which just works!

Nice! I've used an EPROM reader to get the BIOS out of a 27C64 EPROM. The label on the rom has "950 AT V7.0" on it and the board is a TMC-850M. Tested and works fine on my PC. I will collect some more ROM images of my devices for minuszerodegrees.net (if of any use) when I find some free time.

Future Domain TMC-850M.jpg

Thanks modem7! You keep a very well organized ROM collection on minuszerodegrees.net, I've already used it a couple of times restoring defective disk controllers with sucess.

I hope that binary suits your needs kylix!

Back