• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England Gateway 2000 reset button

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

Niezgodka

Experienced Member
I acquired a nice Gatweway tower, however its reset button is missing.
Maybe somebody has one, or any suitable substitute?
button.jpg

i would look for anything that fits and paint it cream colored (thats what it originally was)
Is that a 486 DX tower?

The reset and turbo button on mine are circular like shown, the power button is rectangular. Mine is a tower too, but the buttons on mine are on the top row. Mine was
originally a 486dx, but the motherboard was replaced with a Pentium 120 model.

Mine is a full sized tower. Yours must be a mini-tower? Buttons would still be the same one would think?

It is exactly the tower like this one (picture from ebay)
s-l1600.jpg

Just mine is 66dx. Planning to make it dx4100 and install 5.25 fdd in it (anybody has one for sale?)
Power button is different.

I would buy 3d print or anything that would fit.

Its been over 25 years since I had a DX4 cpu. I dont remember if you could run an AMD CPU in an intel board. Im going to say no.. But I honestly dont recall.. Overdrive cpus work,, so yeah maybe it does work.

Its been over 25 years since I had a DX4 cpu. I dont remember if you could run an AMD CPU in an intel board. Im going to say no.. But I honestly dont recall.. Overdrive cpus work,, so yeah maybe it does work.
You would have to go back to Socket 5 & 7.

So its a NO then. Yeah thats what I thought. I would just leave that Gateway the way it is. or find an overdrive cpu which is what I put in my compaq 486 50mhz

If you get an interposer, you can run a 5x86. And any AMD/CYRIX/TI/ST/
IBM Blue Lightning 486 will work. Does it have 3.3v for cpu? Usually just need to look for a vrm on a heatsink next to the cpu socket.

Back