• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Gauging interest: 20" Mitsubishi DiamondScan monitor

mattopia

I've come across a HUGE Mitsubishi monitor as part of a lot. It appears to work, but it's just too big for me to hold onto. It is too big for me to keep in my collection, and I don't have a lot of interest in cleaning it up, so I'm hoping to pass it along to lover of big and heavy CRTs, if there's one out there. It needs a bath and some retr0brighting, but otherwise appears to be in solid shape. It supports analog and TTL, and has both HDD15 and BNC inputs, which I suspect makes it an interesting option for certain breeds of vintage machine.

I am in a suburb of Cleveland, OH and I would strongly prefer not to ship it as it weighs in at nearly 70lbs.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/ZHqHN

If it has any value to you and you are able to arrange pickup, shoot me a PM!

20" isn't huge. You want huge--you should have seen the 20" Mitsubishis that I had from a Daisy Systems workstation. somewhere around 80-90 lbs. each. Approximately EGA compatible.

That Diamondscan of yours should be a must for anyone interested in a "do everything" monitor. I have the 12" version and it comes in very handy at times.

That Diamondscan of yours should be a must for anyone interested in a "do everything" monitor. I have the 12" version and it comes in very handy at times.

My thoughts exactly - and if it were closer to 12-15" I would definitely hold onto it!

Location? And exact model number? Are you sure it a do everything monitor (i.e it will do VGA and above but not CGA, EGA, or HGC)? Many of the later multisync monitors did not support the lower frequencies (e.g. NEC Multisync 5D)

C'mon Shadow, read the OP:

I am in a suburb of Cleveland, OH and I would strongly prefer not to ship it as it weighs in at nearly 70lbs.

See review for the Diamondscan 20C here. It really is (up to 800x600 NI) a "do-everything" monitor.

b
C'mon Shadow, read the OP:

See review for the Diamondscan 20C here. It really is (up to 800x600 NI) a "do-everything" monitor.

I stand corrected. I scanned quickly and looked in the location field of the message for his location. My bad. :stupid: ;-)

I wanted to make sure I was looking at the right 20C w/ the model number. Probably wouldn't matter but always nice to know actual model number instead of the marketing model number. In case anyone else cares it is: HC3905ATK.

Looks like a nice monitor too bad you are too far away... Of course if you ever find a Multisync XL I am your man!

I've used the 12" Diamondscan on CGA, MDA, EGA, VGA, Atari ST, Amiga, some oddball SOG gear, viewed PAL videos on it....

It's a remarkable monitor.

This is a really cool monitor!

I thought I'd add, if you have trouble offloading it, an audience that might really like it is the Japanese retro PC crowd. For example, the Sharp X68000 outputs in 15, 24, and 31 khz depending on the software running. It's very hard to get a monitor nowadays to support all these modes. It sounds like this might work for it. I think Amiga owners might also find use in it.

b
This is a really cool monitor!

I thought I'd add, if you have trouble offloading it, an audience that might really like it is the Japanese retro PC crowd. For example, the Sharp X68000 outputs in 15, 24, and 31 khz depending on the software running. It's very hard to get a monitor nowadays to support all these modes. It sounds like this might work for it. I think Amiga owners might also find use in it.

I don't think interest is the issue - shipping it safely, and in an economically feasible manner is the problem. Hence the local pickup by the OP. Unfortunately to properly pack and ship the monitor will cost a few times more then what most people would pay.

I have a huge 20" Mitsubishi in my garage that was used on old AVID Media Composer systems (should work on 15hz Amiga video as well).

Exactly where around Cleveland are you? Youngstown here.

b

I don't think interest is the issue - shipping it safely, and in an economically feasible manner is the problem. Hence the local pickup by the OP. Unfortunately to properly pack and ship the monitor will cost a few times more then what most people would pay.

Yes, I read the first post about shipping. My assumption was it is more a matter of interest on this forum than anything. There are other communities out there that would have jumped through hoops to get ahold of one of these!

One of my greatest road trips was to a suburb of Cleveland many years ago to pick up a free Quadra 950 power supply and ended up filling my trunk with vintage boxed mac software, cards, and machines (Mint never used AWS95 + shrinkwrapped A/UX software).

Back