• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Genuine RT-11 8" SSSD Floppy Master Disks On eBay For $19.99?

MicrocomputerSolutions

Veteran Member
I posted a message in another Forum when I found a Lot of (75) used 8" SSSD floppy disks on eBay.

There are about (5) Genuine Original Shugart Single-Sided analog alignment disks in this lot of floppies.

There are also several boxes of "digital" Brand Disks with DEC Factory Labels on them. One of which says "digital AS-577E8-BC RT-11 v4.0"

Is this Genuine DEC PDP Software at a bargain price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/75-Vintage-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Looks OK to me, a grab-bag of stuff possibly for a few different systems. I'd be on them, except for the bit that I see in red that says 'Does not ship to Australia'.

Disks with DEC Factory Labels on them. One of which says "digital AS-577E8-BC RT-11 v4.0"

Is this Genuine DEC PDP Software at a bargain price?

Currently at $100 with 2 hours left. Might be genuine DEC disks and labels, but no guarantee that they are still readable and contain genuine DEC software at this point. Might be fine if all you care about is show and tell with them.

Did anybody here win the auction for the Lot? $231, plus shipping is more than I would have paid (for the Alignment Disks alone).

When I posted the first message last night there was only 15 hours left with the Auction sitting at the Opening Bid Price of $19.95 and no bids yet.

Personally I don't bid on used disks very often unless there are Original Master Disks (like this auction had), and the labels show programs that I really want. I've been lucky when I won auctions, because the disks (that I bought Lots for) have all been readable. And, so far, when I've bid on them, Alignment Disks I've gotten off eBay have all been good.

Back