• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Green 753 Laptop CPU setup & more

I’ll have to compare yours to mine to see if we have the same files. Some may just be hidden on mine.

I installed an A80502-100 SX963, apparently supposed to be 100Mhz and 3.3V, but the insert paper only mentions like 2.9V and 3.1V processors. I tried to power it on assuming since its 40Mb RAM max, that there is 8Mb onboard, but the CD-ROM does flashy flashy, but the screen don't show up anything. Checked the switch settings multiple times, and tried 3.1v and 3.3v settings, no change. have any suggestions?

Does it post beep? Plug in an external monitor and see if you get a display. These don’t seem to output to the internal screen on first boot until you’ve entered bios and saved and rebooted.

My guess would be that you don’t have the CPU socket clicked in properly.

No change after checking settings again and the cpu socket. Could I have gotten the wrong cpu for it?

That CPU should be fine. Can you post a photo (up close, high res) of the CPU in the socket?

thanks - it’s just so hard to tell if it’s in right unless I’m actually there. Question - does it click back to the unlocked position easily if you press lightly in that direction? Once it’s clicked in properly, it should require the tool to unlock it again, you shouldn’t be able to do it easily with your hand. They can be deceptive. They’ll have a little click first that seems like it may be locked, but it isn’t. That’s where you’ll be able to move it back to unlocked easily. Then there’s a big clunk where you’ll know for sure that it’s in the right. If that all makes sense.

Will double check, but i checked the cpu and didn't seam like was moving, but will try again, just need bigger flathead screwdriver.

I have some progress, you are correct the cpu wasn't fully locked in, the disk icon vanishes and then so far nothing else happens. The cpu heats up, did a test without the heatsink on, just enough to feel a little heat. Atleast its progress. Have to recheck and make sure the switches are correct, not the easiest tobget to those lol.

Attachments

• 20231228_131042.jpg
    20231228_131042.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
Good! Progress is progress.
Still no POST beep?

Hook it up to a VGA monitor and see if it gives an output. Every one of these so far seems so far to have done the same thing with no internal display output at first, until a monitor is hooked up and the BIOS is entered once, then rebooted. They usually will give a post beep though.

On switches - the default config from the factory seems to be for 100MHz, so if you didn't mess with that then you should be fine. They'll also post it seems if the speed is set lower than the CPU's rated speed, it will just run at the slower speed. Of course, if you have the switches set to a higher speed than the CPU is rated at then you could have issues, or a successful overclock.

Verify that the voltage is set correct too. Then again, my P-166 undervolted down to 2.9 from 3.3 just fine.

Yes, It beeps 2 times. forgot to add that. I will check those. have to see if i even still have a vga cable?? lol

You’re good now. It’s working. Find a VGA cable, get into bios, save and reboot, and your internal screen should start right up.

That did it! IT'S ALIVE!!!! Now, I hope my CF adapter will work in it. THANKS tons for the help. I'd have been messing for ages with this.

Attachments

• Green4.jpg
    Green4.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
  • Green5.jpg
    Green5.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
Back