• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings from WV

CygnusTM

Hello everyone!

My name is Todd. I've had an account for a while, but I've mostly been a lurker. I'm relatively new to collecting vintage computers. I've been doing for a couple of years. I started just trying to collect the computers I had as a kid, but then started to fill in other computers I wished I had. So, far I've collected mostly Apple stuff, but I lucked upon an Atari 800 at one point. I've also been collecting vintage game systems. I hope to be able to attend a live event someday, but my remote location hampers that a bit. I hope to meet some of you then.

My Computer Collection so far:
Atari 800
Apple IIc
Laser 128 (not working)
Macintosh IIsi
Powermac G4 Sawtooth
iMac G4
Powermac G4 MDD
(I have newer stuff that probably doesn't qualify as vintage)

My vintage gaming collection:
Magnavox Odyssey2
Nintendo Game and Watch Donkey Kong
Mattel Electronic Football
Unisonic 21 "Jimmy the Greek" Calculator/Blackjack Game
Atari 2600 4-switch
Atari 2600 Jr
Nintendo Entertainment System

Welcome to the forum @CygnusTM !

You’ll fit in well here, I think. I have quite the collection of vintage Macs, myself, and am not too far from you, in western Frederick County, Maryland.

- Alex

Welcome from across the pond.

>>> I started just trying to collect the computers I had as a kid, but then started to fill in other computers I wished I had.

That's exactly how I started (although I am somewhat older than you are - so my computer collection is somewhat different of course)...

I have now branched out and collecting machines that are older than I am... However, this 'hobby' is getting expensive - so I still have an eye for a bargain and am willing to wait for something to come along at the right price. Don't get 'suckered' in to some of the prices unless you are convinced that it is exactly what you want.

Dave

Back