• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

GRiDROM Information

kobura

I am burning eproms for my GRiDCASE 3 Plus (finally got it to work), and I'm looking for information on what branded roms were sold so I can recreate them. I'm also looking for a high resolution photo or template of the actual GRiDROM label I could photoshop and print custom ones. You can see them in this photo I found. https://i0.wp.com/vintage-laptops.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/DSC_0380.jpg

Unfortunately my GRiDCASE didn't have the branded roms, just plain labels.

Also, in case anyone is curious, I found and 3D printed the compatible ROM carriers in SLS. They are a perfect fit!

Attachments

• romcarrier-bottom.jpg
    romcarrier-bottom.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 10
  • romcarrier1.jpg
    romcarrier1.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 10
  • romcarrier2.jpg
    romcarrier2.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 10
I have not touched my GRiD hardware since the Yahoo groups closed. I vaguely recall there was a handful of ROM dumps available on RuGRiD but no good photographs of the decals and most people were keeping the chips close and not dumping them.

If you want I can take some pictures from my Gridcase roms
here are some pictures I found digging trough my files, some are from the web, some are from my own collection.
20210429_123258.jpgCIMG3366.jpegDSC_7581grid-rom (Large).jpgIMG_4313~2.jpg20210503_170622.jpg

Attachments

• 1706976013135.png
    1706976013135.png
    7 MB · Views: 6
I'm getting close and I can definitely share. I'm creating both the black and the white versions. The most important asset is the logo and I was able to extract it and get it looking as nice as I could, BUT it's still blurry when I print it since it's so small. Avery has 0.5" x 1.25" removable labels which are the perfect size, and I'm sizing for that. Attached is what I was able to make of the logo after post processing, but I need it at a higher quality which I've hunted on the web without success.

My next steps are to manually start cleaning it up to see if I can bring some detail back.

gridromwhite.png

If you have this logo on your labels, can you take a clearer picture?

I have one of those roms and grabbed a scan of it today. It's 1600 dpi and I didn't apply any kind of correction/etc., but hopefully that's large enough to give the detail needed.

-bri

Attachments

• GRiDROM.png
    GRiDROM.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 14
This is everything I was given when I asked about keeping a permanent online repository of what was in that group as far as files:

If you run into any permission issues with any of the files let me know and I will fix them. I tried to get it right when I set it up, but I did it years ago.

I really need to put this all together into an entry in the Internet Archive now that I think about it. Something could always happen to me and they could become inaccessible just like what happened to the Yahoo group.

This is everything I was given when I asked about keeping a permanent online repository of what was in that group as far as files:

If you run into any permission issues with any of the files let me know and I will fix them. I tried to get it right when I set it up, but I did it years ago.

I really need to put this all together into an entry in the Internet Archive now that I think about it. Something could always happen to me and they could become inaccessible just like what happened to the Yahoo group.

Okay, I resorted and organized all the files so it should be much easier to find things. Any questions or concerns, let me know.

As always, feel free to copy, rehost, archive, etc... anything in there. None of it is mine, I just asked to keep a copy of it online so it wouldn't get lost to time.

Hope you don't have any objections if I add your materials to my unsorted GRiD Central collection...

I have not touched my GRiD hardware since the Yahoo groups closed. I vaguely recall there was a handful of ROM dumps available on RuGRiD but no good photographs of the decals and most people were keeping the chips close and not dumping them.
As the former moderator of the Yahoogroup, I didn't make any attempt to keep the chips close. I alone posted 3 versions of the 1520 Grid ROMs. As I remember, there was a 1535 ROM. There might have been others. Not everyone has/had (E)PROM readers. If you, or anyone else, is interested in 1520 ROMs, I'll give you what I've got.
-Shawn

I have one of those roms and grabbed a scan of it today. It's 1600 dpi and I didn't apply any kind of correction/etc., but hopefully that's large enough to give the detail needed.

-bri

This is gold! THANK YOU. I can use this to get the quality print I need.

Back