• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello everyone

steveuk

Experienced Member
hay people..

Ok im steve, i live in London UK, i first started of on computers many moons ago, think it was around 1980s excate yea i cant say, i do remeber buying my first BOXED Commodore rm a shop at around £125.which in them days was a lot of money.

In the past i did start collection differnt types of old 8bit computers. at 1 stage i had 16 Commodore C64 computer, differnt models,versions,ect i had 3 C63 GS systems 2 c128,2 C128D, MSX, Spectrums,ZX 81, ZX80(kit Forum), Acorns, BBC-B, Amstrads, Plus many other Computers.. When the first ever Commodore PC came out on the market for home use, i just had to get on, i even still have a piture of it here, it was a Commodore PC 8088 processor see image
pc10.gif
This is not my image,but will post mine up when i get my scanner working.
My PC originaly had 1 5.25 floppy drive, i latter added a 2nd drive.
This is what then got me into future PCs.

The speck of the Commodore PC was
The first machines Commodore produced in this line were 8088-based, and usually came with the maximum 640K of addressible memory. Most of these machines come standard with at least one 5.25" floppy disk drive, 25 pin serial COM-port, 25 pin parallel Centronics port, a Commodore "bus" mouse port, and both RGBI and composite video output ports. The most famous machine in this line is the Commodore Colt, found near the bottom.

Later i added a bigger hard drive as mine only had 10-gig,hard drive i later upgraded to a massive 20-gig lol,and that cost me nearly £100,then when color monitors apeared on the marked i got one of them.
Had some good fun with this pc...

Most of my stuff was sold while i was youger as i meet someone and i had to sell it befor i moved out, i think i had most of my collection for about 6 years.
I still have some stuff which i kepted after moving, some i stored at my sisters house untill she moved then i had to bring it all to where i am now and i sold it off bit by bit.. the best bit of kit was the ZX80 which was kit for, but i had los the box, but was able to sell it for £65 in LOOT news paper some years back..

i once had a PC a little like the SX64 it had a small screen and a floppy drive, i did a little checking on this, and found i=out it was once a system used for some AIR propulsion i tried to get manuals,but was impossible, it was a US based PC that was brought over to the uk and later sold a my local Car Boot fair/Flea market. coz it was old i had no software for it, i couldnt use it, so i resold it for a mear £30, i think now today i could of got over £300 for it..:(

i think i have a real old IBM server behind some boxes, it has the old type internal . SCSI drives,not sure if it still works, one day i'll try dig it out.

Think i have some old 486 DX motherboards around still to.

Due to meeting the wife 15 years ago, i had to sell stuff to shut her up moaning about the computer stuff i had laying around, i even left some old PC and 8-bit stuff at my old address 4 years ago, some worked some didnt, had no where to store it when we moved, i bet the new oweners had fun clearing the stuff ..lol

Well now im into PCs ive build my own mostly , i went to a shop and asked if they would teach me how to build them, this was 6 years ago, since then ive built my own, im in the process of building a duo-core 4800+ amd system but keep having issues with the gigabyte motherboard not letting me into the bios, so 3 times now the motherboard has been sent back, now waiting for a replacment motherboard a Asus M/B ive given up with gigabyte boards..Hopefull i have that sorted and built next week, but i need cash to buy some decent Sata & IDE harddrive which i hope to do with the money i make in selling this Commodore stuff, i may even buy a built PC and keep the processor and memory and case i have here as spares..

Well think i shut up now...lol
i bet this is the biggest hello on this forum.lol,once i start i never shut up..lol

steve

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Yes, finding the space for hardware can be an issue. Do you intend to "recollect' all that great 8-bit stuff you had in earlier days?

Tez

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Yes, finding the space for hardware can be an issue. Do you intend to "recollect' all that great 8-bit stuff you had in earlier days?

Tez

Ermm Nope once ive sold all this thats it, i will concentrate on the PC. I just remebered i have my sisters old Amiga 600 here somewhere, she wanted me to sell that a couple of years ago,but i held onto it, i may keep that as a reminder of the commodore years, i may even sell it.lol but once gone, thats it. ive had my 8+years of Commodore fun Well more if ya count storage, but playing it was about 8 years...No more Retro for me...If i come across any at commodore stuff at CarBoot or flea markets in the future i may grab it if the price is right just to resell it, but i wont hold on to it.

Steve

Back