• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from AZ, USA

Kehvarl

I realized I should probably post an introduction since I've already made a couple of other posts.

Hi! I'm from AZ and have been in and out of retro computers for quite a while. The first computer I ever used was an Atari 400, and then spent years with a Tandy 1000SL in the house.

I've always been fascinated with the explorations in computing that eventually died out: the home 8 bits, the early 16 bit non-PC machines, and the various experiments in PCs that didn't conquer the mainstream. Several years back, I also became fascinated with the machines that came before my time: The Xerox Alto, the DEC PDP-11 and PDP-8, and more.

My retro collection is currently somewhat small, but I'll continue to grow it over time.
  • Atari 7800
  • Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
  • Tandy Model 102 portable computer
  • Tandy Model 200 portable computer
  • PiDP8/I PDP-8 simulator

Welcome to the forum, @Kehvarl !

I suspect that you'll find a lot of kindred souls, here. Specifically for the 7800 and NES, I suggest AtariAge.com, as there are lots of folks there that love those systems/

- Alex

My T102 was something of a stroke of luck: I placed a bid on ebay and no one countered it.

My 200 was less serendipitous, I saw a couple come and go and finally just bought one that was only a little higher than I was hoping to pay.

I haven't added a base model 100 to the lineup yet, but I likely will when the right one turns up.

I hope you have good luck finding a Model T for a good price

Hope so, but finding computers at all locally, let alone a high price has become difficult. People only tend to sell on facebook and they want stupid prices.

Back