• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from Germany

olivetti

Hi, my name is Heiko and i am from Germany. As you might guess from my username, I am collecting mainly Olivetti stuff back from the 60 to 70s. My greatest collector item is an Olivetti Programma 101 from 1967. I´ll create a seperate post about this box later on. Looking forward to find the one or other Olivetti Fan in this forum. Cheers.

Welcome to the forums!.

A Programma 101?, there're not to many working out there, congrats (specially if it's in working state)!

Hello, thank you!

I haven´t turned the Programma on yet, as i got just a couple of weeks ago. Still in the process of cleaning it proplery and searching for new belts.

Hello! I'm like one of the only 3 or 4 "active" Olivetti fan on this forum. My favorite Olivetti computers were the ones made from 1987 to around 1993 like the M240, M280, M290, M380-40, M486, P800... I even like the old M4 modulos and M6 supremas! The only Olivetti computer I ever saw in real life though was an M380-40 more than 10 years ago so my love for Olivetti and their computers is really driven by nostalgia for that old M380-40 my grandfather used to have...

One day I'd like to be able to say that I finally own an M380-40, and if that's impossible then any other Olivetti will do, no matter what it is...

@6885P5H: nice to see that there are other olivetti fans out there :) Yes, olivetti did great devices back in the 80/90s. I have some of the pc´s which you mentionend in your post but unfortunately no M380, these are very difficult to find, even in Europe :-(

@kaufen: i live nearby STuttgart/Germany

Cool. If you want (or can), could you give me a list of all the Olivetti PCs that you have?

Uhmm that sucks... If they're rare even in Europe you can imagine how likely I am to find one here, where even a simple IBM XT is the rarest thing ever... Funnily enough, I did see an Olivetti for sale in my area not too long ago... It was an M6 460 suprema, a computer that's like 10 times rarer than an M380-40. I would've loved to get it but I couldn't... And now it probably got recycled...

Hey there!
I love Olivetti too! I know someone who collects them and has lots of M20, M30 and M40s, and he has a P101 aswell!
Good old times. Olivetti had a great business but bad marketing and R&D wasted all of that. Too bad.
I personally own an M300, and it's a great computer. I'd love to get an M30/40 someday!

I'm not particularly a fan of Olivetti per se, but the AT&T 6300 / Xerox 6040 is a staple in many of our diets over here. Anyway someone in Connecticut wanted to sell me an Olivetti mini computer (I think) about 5 years ago. I don't have his contact number anymore, I don't think. A few of the more obscure Olivetti pieces seemed to make their way to the states. Carry on :)

Back