• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from South Africa

floyd20183

Just a note to say hi! to everyone on the forum. I have used the forums numerous times when trying to better understand some of the items I have collected and have finally decided to post for the first time.

My collection is mainly focused on IBM PC and DOS related software due to my early exposure to computers but has, over time, expanded into Spectrum, Commodore, Amstrad, Atari, Spectravideo.. and the list goes on.

I run a website for some of the items in my collection called www.oldcomputers.co.za

It's great to see such an interest in vintage computing.

Good to see you here.

On your site I saw you have a snippit of BASIC code up in the corner. Would it be simpler to do this?
Code:
10 PRINT "Hello World! ";
20 GOTO 10
:p

Welcome,

Just browsed your website. Interesting to see your VIC 20 is labelled Commodore VC-20 on the machine case. I'm not sure if this is common or not. Perhaps you have a rare one there. Mine definitely says "VIC 20".

Tez

Thanks for viewing. Yes the different labels are apparently related to where the units were sold. The box for my VIC-20 is also a locally manufactured box as it has both English and the Afrikaans language printed on the sides. My C64 box is even stranger as it has a picture of a C64 with a label I have never seen on a C64 before.

Back