• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello from The Steel City

geiser093

My name is Marcus. I am a recycler and want to learn more about some of the vintage computers I am taking in. My latest discovery was a Compaq Portable II. It is in a suitcase! The thing is really cool. I look at it and get a toy story feeling. I think of the day someone dropped some big cash on this thing and it was the best toy ever.

I listed it on e-bay for pretty much scrap price so hopefully it will find a good home where someone will appreciate it.

WMH

Experienced Member
Welcome to the forums, Marcus! It's great to see a recycler that sees the value in vintage computers.

You'll find someone here who will know something about pretty much any machine you can find.

On a side note, what types of machines have you found? Anything new lately?

luckybob

Veteran Member
...I listed it on e-bay for pretty much scrap price so hopefully it will find a good home where someone will appreciate it.

You are instantly and forever my favorite person! I'm tired of people putting thing on ebay 10x overpriced.

RWallmow

Veteran Member
My name is Marcus. I am a recycler and want to learn more about some of the vintage computers I am taking in. My latest discovery was a Compaq Portable II. It is in a suitcase! The thing is really cool. I look at it and get a toy story feeling. I think of the day someone dropped some big cash on this thing and it was the best toy ever.

I listed it on e-bay for pretty much scrap price so hopefully it will find a good home where someone will appreciate it.

Welcome to the forums!!!

I am a big fan of the Compaq Portable Series of machines, you can see my page on the II here, They are very cool machines.

I used to work computer salvage, and that's where I came across a lot of my collection, saved them from the tear down and steel pile ;-)

barythrin

Veteran Member
Welcome to the forums :) Feel free to shoot us the link to the auction. We appreciate the recycler efforts of keeping older systems in the flow :)

DOS lives on!!

Veteran Member
Welcome to the forums!

Anyone who saves (and especially enjoys the real worth) of vintage computers is certainly welcome here! :)

Enjoy it here.