• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help Identifying MCA Card

RHopple

Experienced Member
I recently got a IBM Micro Channel card with a PS/2 Model 80, but I’m having trouble identifying it. The seller stated it was a “89F8891 PSPI Card” but I cannot find any markings other than the aforementioned assembly number. When the computer boots without it, it doesn’t error; with it, it displays the picture below (I don’t have a battery, hence the 161 and 163 errors). Can anyone identify it?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry for the upside-down pictures. Regardless of orientation, the come up like that.

I recently got a IBM Micro Channel card with a PS/2 Model 80, but I’m having trouble identifying it. The seller stated it was a “89F8891 PSPI Card” but I cannot find any markings other than the aforementioned assembly number. When the computer boots without it, it doesn’t error; with it, it displays the picture below (I don’t have a battery, hence the 161 and 163 errors). Can anyone identify it?

View attachment 50582
View attachment 50583

Sorry for the upside-down pictures. Regardless of orientation, the come up like that.

Is that a SCSI connector on the backplane? A photo of that would be helpful, and the chip labels are difficult to read.

There is a program called IDMCA.EXE floating around that will dump the board ID code and cross reference it to a known database.

It’s not a SCSI connector, but a DB40. Here’s some more pictures. image.jpgimage.jpg

Run off a list of the part numbers on the board with the 11A1111 naming scheme.
I can see another part number on the ROM but the image is too low res to read it clearly.

The only part number on the board, or marking for that matter, is 89F8891. The ROM number is 73F5746. Although I have no use for it, It would be interesting if it was a mainframe interface card.

There is a program called IDMCA.EXE floating around that will dump the board ID code and cross reference it to a known database.

I can't find any reference of that program with a Google search. Any possibility you have a link?

Back