• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help With Windows 3.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solomon-360

i have a windows 3.1 computer...(i think it's 3.1 it might be 3.0)
i pressed the red button thing on the back, all desktop pc's have that
big red button, i sew a blue light from the inside (it had no power at the time)
and now it won't start or anything! what do i do?!?!?!
it was not pluged in at the time!:eh::x:eh::x

Try pushing it again. Or try "unpushing" it, by taking some pliers and pulling the button back to its original spot. Oh, and by the power supply, make sure that on the switch, you can see that part were it reads "115V" if it is set to a different number, take a screwdriver and flick it over so it reads "115V." Also, make sure the power cord is plugged in both ways. When you push the power button does anything happen?

--Ryan

P.S. My compy has no red buttons, but has a red switch.

P.P.S. Nige the Hippy- hehe, Vtech pre-computer :D

Hmm, I think it's electronics store repair dept. time. Blue flash was likely an internal fuse biting the dust, or rather, doing it job and melting before anything else does.

I have a Vtech pre-computer, perhaps that would be more suitable for you?

LOL I think I know what your talking about. Is it blue by any chance? I used to have a Vtech when I was a very little kid.

Seriously though, who messes with the voltage switch on the back? If the computer is from where your from, and it's never been messed with, DON'T TOUCH IT!

However, if your in america and set it to 240, no damage is done usually, as it's not enough voltage. Now, if your in a 240v country and set it to 120, prepare for some damage.

(i noticed some PS say 110, 115, and 120.. too many different voltages, my outlets here output 125v)..

well us kids used to flip the swith on the computers in the computer lab so we wouldnt have typing class.

btw what is the voltage oin the mushroom kingdom?
but your in america, right? ;) no harm done, it just won't turn on..

I only did it to my old Model 25 when I was 7 years old because I wondered what it would do.

surprisingly, it would actually turn on when in 240 mode!! but always caused the fuse to blow in the house.

You very likely killed it, and will need to get the electronics repaired.

Mainly, if you don't know what it does, don't touch it.

I don't know, if you have the guts, take apart the power supply (if you can do it without killing yourself and touching the big things.)

By the way, you could always try another compatible power supply. If it's proprietary, I wouldn't even try, you might make it worse.

I think the windings on the transformer going up in copper vapor would produce a green light maybe, although something close to blue-white is also a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back