• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Help With Windows 3.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
look for a fuse inside the powersupply (and i mean the powersupply, not just the insides of the computer). It will likely look like this:
fuse.jpg

check the continuity with a multimeter. If you can't do this, have a professional do this.]

Also, on the computers motherboard, do you see any burn spots?

ok 1 the pic you sent did not come thow,
2 thw moter bord and evrything else look's like new (well ther's the odd spyder) (<--- i meen it)
and you want me to go _IN_ The power box?!?!?
*manule: never open the power box
lol
so now what? it all look's like new in here.

UK?? so you speak English as a first language then!

Yes it can kill you (and that means very very dead), even when it's switched off. I really would recommend that you don't go anywhere near it, preferably stay in the next room!

You should be able to find a replacement power supply at a car boot sale or take it to a LITTLE computer shop (pc world, or maplin won't sell you the right thing)

I probably have one that would do the trick, where in the mushroom kingdom are you?

Any chance you could turn your signature down a bit? oh, and type slowly it'll help the rest of us understand.

off topic:
anyone know wear i can download windows 3.1 for free?
(or mabe a beta like windows neptune)
one i can use for microsoft windows virturle pc 2007,
and can u tell me how to install it on ther?

LOL, when I was eleven, I had taken so many things apart, built & repaired so many computers, etc that getting electrocuted was almost a semi-monthly thing for me! :p

Pull the Power Supply out (it should only be held in by 4 screws on the outside of the case) & pay someone 5 Pounds to replace the fuse.

Oh, & also get yourself a copy of Mario Teaches Typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back