• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hey from NJ!

kobayashimaru

Greetings!
My name is Joe. I was on this forum years ago but lost my logon info and I haven't been here in at least 5 years.
I collect lots of things but thanks to a recent move, I have no room for any of it. I pay nearly $100 a month to have this eclectic collection. However, I do not consider myself a hoarder :). Aside from computers, I also collect old radios, record players and televisions (tubes aplenty!) and televisions. I am also somewhat of an audiophile, or audiophool as some would say. I'm not snooty. However, I do very much like my Advent speakers and Sansui 4000 receiver, not to mention my Telefunken Hymnus Hifi!
As far as computers, at the moment I have mostly IBM compatibles, most of which are portables. I don't especially prize PCs, but they are what are cheap and widely available. Here's what I got:

• AT&T 6300 with a memory error and a missing key
  • Compaq Portable 286. When last used, I got a puff of smoke and the monitor went out. Probably an electrolytic in the power supply.
  • Compaq Portable II, Working!
  • Compaq Portable III, needs battery
  • Compaq Portable III 386, no display
  • Televideo 286 Portable, Working!
  • Samsung s5200 286 portable, PSU needs caps
  • Epson Equity LT laptop, Working!
  • Tandy 1000SX, Working!
  • IBM PS/2 Model 55, needs battery
  • Singer-Friden Desktop Calculator, crisp VFD display, Working!
  • Franklin portable Nixie-tube calculator, needs battery but works!
  • 1940's Burrough's adding machine, Works!

Pretty much everything needs some kind of work, but that's the fun in it! My current project is to get my Televideo portable up to usability for some (limited) modern tasks. I don't know if that's realistic, but it is a challenge!

Anyways, that's me!

Back