• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hotdog stand?

JDT

Veteran Member
As long as other folks are posting requests looking for older games... I've been looking for this old game I used to play way back when I was in like middle school. Hotdog Stand? I'm not sure if thats the name of it, but basically you ran a hotdog stand and depending on weather and crows size etc... you had to choose to use different quality items and purchase accordingly... anyone know what im talking about? I've googled the heck out of it and all I can find are vague refferances to the game. TIA

-edit-

I think I found perhaps the manufacturer, Sunburst. Sounds familiar. But they make no mention of older version on their site... and of course.. i want the "old" version hahaha

Last edited:
IF you can tell me platform and title I can most likely dig it up for ya.

IF you can tell me platform and title I can most likely dig it up for ya.

Well, I think* I remember playing it on the apple II, I'd like to have a DOS version to play on my IBM 5150 (4.77 MHz VGA). I think* The games name is "Hotdog Stand" by Sunburst . The one I remember playing had graphics probably CGA-ish. Thanks for looking! I can only find vague mentions of it on the net, and Sunburt's site doesnt refference older version, they do have a "new" one out, but its for a windows based computer.

Ill dig thru my stuff. My Apple collection is quite crappy, and thus not probable to find that one, but I may have it for the 5150. Ill look.

I've been looking for that game myself! And I also played it back when I was in Middle School too - back then our school's computer labs used IBM's that were networked together like dumb terminals. I can't tell you the specs on them, but I remember it was CGA for the few graphics it had. I'll always remember how my friend went from close to broke to becoming the top vendor in the class in only one baseball game.

I know this probably isn't it, but this is the same company and possibly a newer version of the game http://store.sunburst.com/ProductInfo.aspx?itemid=176612

I'm looking a little bit but I'm not immediatly finding that for Apple II or IBM. One thing (what I'm sort of doing) would be to search the Tosec archives (they don't offer the software but it's a compiled list of "every" application, game, etc for "every" architecture). There are other searches you can do after that to possibly obtain the archive for that system as well although fair warning they are HUGE (some platforms the collections are 20-30GB and higher depending on rom sizes).

- John

I've decided to write the game myself, or rewrite... well no, because it was never mine to begin with... I'll be writing a new "game", well I suppose it would be more of a simulation... and I will call it... Concession Stand! hahaha go-go-gadget quickbasic!

Well, I suppose I could write it myself too.. maybe with VB or Java. Of course, I know nothing about designing graphics though.. Maybe I'll just take a couple pictures of hot-dogs and use that in the background :p..

Back