• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.
  • Here are the results of the VCF East 2022 Post Event Survey: Survey Results

How can i upload bios roms / files to this forum?

Robin4

Experienced Member
Iam trying to upload a bios rom for a card here on the forum.. But returned me a error i cant.

Also tried other extensions, but still cant. How to fix this?

daver2

Veteran Member
With the 'old' board it would only accept a limited number of native file formats to upload. For other file formats, you had to ZIP them up and upload the ZIP file.

As to the new board - I haven't tried it yet...

Dave

Robin4

Experienced Member
I had used RAR to archive the file. But the forum doesnt also accept RAR. If i rename the file to normal without extension then it also wont work.
It seems that my account doesnt have the privilege to do so.

Agent Orange

Veteran Member
I had used RAR to archive the file. But the forum doesnt also accept RAR. If i rename the file to normal without extension then it also wont work.
It seems that my account doesnt have the privilege to do so.

Try ZIP.

Robin4

Experienced Member
Thanks that worked.

Which other extensions are supported?

daver2

Veteran Member
I did say ZIP for a reason...

Generally TXT and some fo the graphic formats (to upload images directly). I think that is about it.

The 'old' board used to say what it accepted. That also seems to have gone with the 'new' board - although with your experience it would appear as though the limitation is still present (you are just not told about it anymore) :-(...

Dave