• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How far do you go to fix commodity PC boards?

I'd have to go digging into my pile of display cards, which has to go to the bottom of the list of things to do. However, I believe that it's a Voodoo 3 AGP. Is the Voodoo 3 considered a dog?

Voodoo 3 is a decent card, but there are the 2000, 3000, and 3500 models going from slower to faster (the 3500 has TV, Radio, and a funky break out cable so probably not that one).

Sooner or later, everything breaks and what you find in the recycle bin is always going to be newer and newer. So, I can experiment on this board which I already own or risk something more expensive.

Voodoo 3 is a decent card, but there are the 2000, 3000, and 3500 models going from slower to faster (the 3500 has TV, Radio, and a funky break out cable so probably not that one).

Don't forget the 1000. It's the slowest Voodoo3, running at 125 MHz and having 8 or 16 MB of RAM.

I don't bother with them since I'm everyone's computer dumpster receptacle anyway. I just get a stack, build em' up, use em for 5-10 more years, then either recycle or make them into a "retro rig" if I can't run that period's software on my current ones.
I resemble that statement.....;)

Back