• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How to get video out of a TRS-80 2000 PC

Hello all! The Wisconsin Computer Club and I are hosting a "Tandy" themed event on November 25th, and I've finally pulled the TRS-80 2000 out of deep storage for the lineup. Unfortunately, I do not have a monitor for it, which rather dampens any fun we could have with it. I have a huge array of modern and retro monitors here at my disposal, but nothing that fits the round monitor plug on the back.

I guess more to the point, is there a pin out of that plug available somewhere? If there is one, I'm fairly confident I could chop something together to feed to any number of composite monitors. I've found schematics for some things, but not the pin outs I'm looking for.

Alternatively, I do see that there are a few "high res" graphics cards for this system on eBay. Would that work with a CGA monitor, or was it a bespoke graphics type that'll only work on the Tandy CM-1?

Many thanks for any ideas or insights!

The Tandy 2000 has 640x400 resolution at 26.4 kHz, either monochrome with the onboard DIN connector or in 8 colors out of a palette of 16 colors with the optional color video card
It will not work with most generic monitors.
1700056352804.png

Last edited:
Back