• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How to Image DG Nova 3 RDOS Disks?

Hi All;
NF6X, Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!
I knew that You could do it !!!!!
I got the Basic program, from the Peripheral Interface Book, What I didn't get was the Numbers, and I think I copied the Jumps Wrong.. Congratulations on fixing them.. I will check my numbers, and fix them If needed, so I don't Steer someone else wrong..
Could You try my program with the octal numbers changed to the following in my program, where I had '377, put in '777 and where I had '372, put in 772.. And let me know If it works.. Thank You..
Now You can start Transferring some of the Basic programs to Your machine, and running and or testing what You have both in boards and in individual IC's on those boards...
Then next step is making sure that Your whole system is in OK shape..
After that Then transfering the Programs from Your Disk Drive to Your PC..
I envy You, Your Nova 3 is working and my Eclipse S 130 is not completely working.. But, I will get over it..
You did Great Work !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU Marty

Last edited:
Thank you, and thank you for your help so far! I hope I can get it talking to that hard drive, because I'd really like to see what's on it.

I'm told that I should have used the .LOC directive instead of .ZREL. The binary codes came out the same by coincidence, but here's an improved version for the sake of correctness:

Code:
  0001  ECHO  
                        .TITL   ECHO
         000000         .LOC    0
   00000 062677 START:  IORST                   ; I/O RESET
   00001 063610 TTYRD:  SKPDN   TTI             ; HAS CHAR BEEN TYPED?
   00002 000001         JMP     TTYRD           ; NO, THEN WAIT
   00003 060610         DIAC    0, TTI          ; READ CHAR, CLEAR DONE
   00004 063511 TTYWR:  SKPBZ   TTO             ; IS TTO READY?
   00005 000004         JMP     TTYWR           ; NO, THEN WAIT
   00006 061111         DOAS    0, TTO          ; ECHO CHAR
   00007 000001         JMP     TTYRD           ; DO IT ALL AGAIN
         000000         .END    START

0002  ECHO  
START   000000 
TTYRD   000001 
TTYWR   000004

Sorry, but no. Recent events have conspired to keep me distracted from working on the Nova for the last week or so, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to resume working on it. Most recently, I picked up a stray dog on Friday evening, so I've been distracted with helping him out and trying to find him a new home since my pack says we're not keeping him. So, if anybody in southern California wants a free boxer… ;)

Hope you can find a good home for him... boxers are great dogs, my sister has one.

Back