• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

HP 100LX PALMTOP PC/2MB ~ the bottom has a metal name plate ???...

mrsburnstick

I found an old HP 100LX palmtop at a thrift store and the bottom has a built in name plate with the name
"D L (DAVE) TAYLOR" punched in it. The plate has not been just stuck or glued on the palmtop; the mould for the plastic on the bottom had the rectangular area in it to place a metal name tag in it and this one has the name dave taylor. I was wondering if this is maybe the name of one the original programmers or something? I don't know anything really about vintage computers etc. and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything in regard to the name because from what I've found on the net, none of the palmtops I've seen pics of have this name plate. The FCC ID is B94F1020 and it says 1992 singapore on the back as well.
I have posted a real crappy pic for the moment but in the morning i can use my other camera to take a better one.
thanks in advance for any help :D
palm top.jpg

The name is probably from a previous owner.

All 100's, and I think 200's, came with a blank plate for customization/personalization.

I picked up a 100LX a while back with the plate still blank. Went to a jewelers next to where I was working at the time and he engraved my name on it.

Curtis

It's interesting that a HP 100LX has "1992 Singapore" engraved.

The 200LX came along circa 1994, but perhaps did not supplant

the 100LX? Hard to tell from the literature...

Also was'nt aware of a 2MB 100LX...

I also own a 2MB 100LX with the business card of an HP employee taped to the underside. Might be the 2MB model was only sold directly through HP (much like the 1000CX) rather than shipped to retailers.

Back