• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I assume that the 74LS181 (not 74181) didn't became common....

Intel also made a ttl based bit slice, it was the 3000 series. The sequencer could be useul in creating really compact firmware. The only problem was you had to be a master level chess player to get it to do anything.
Bit slice were also really good a controller application. Often they'd control an I/O device with another ROM that would do the fight thing based on the processor address. It needed no special handling for the I/O. The ROM did the work. It usually saved several instructions for an I/o operation. It only needed the raw data from the data bus. No processing involved.
Dwight

Hi if someone is interested in making a CPU with 8 am2901 and 2 am2910, I have that in my garage.
=> I do not know if they are still in a working state <=

Please note 6 of them are am2901cpc so they are one of the fastest in the family.
And two are am2901bdc.

They were collected by myself from Alcatel's Mitra gamme S computers.
(English on right side of page)

If I am not wrong these computers were similar to PDP-11/ 70 (but 10 years late). They were in the garbage bin when the French Yellow Pages decided to dump their old stuff in Rennes ~1999. It was horrible to see, workers throwing cards by the windows. This had happened many times in those years, I dreamt for a long time of the garbage bin at Issy les Moulineaux CNET.
I don't want to sell them, but if someone offers me a PDP-11 PSU for QBUS in exchange, I would be happy. It doesn't matter if the PSU is genuine, new design, or old stuff as long as it works...

Attachments

• IMG_20231016_102236.jpg
    IMG_20231016_102236.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back