• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I screwed up!

AteEm

Experienced Member
Fell victim to eBay's "one-click" buy:oops:
I've been looking for a line printer board for quite awhile and saw the magenta handles, the four 'tabs' on the PWB edge and hit 'buy it"....well, it turns out it's an M7258 and I have a PDP-8!
Well, it was only $30.
So, even though it will plug into the OMNIBUS, I assume there's no way it will work, correct?

Fell victim to eBay's "one-click" buy:oops:
I've been looking for a line printer board for quite awhile and saw the magenta handles, the four 'tabs' on the PWB edge and hit 'buy it"....well, it turns out it's an M7258 and I have a PDP-8!
Well, it was only $30.
So, even though it will plug into the OMNIBUS, I assume there's no way it will work, correct?

Don't EVEN try! It is a PDP-11 UNIBUS SPC card, it will not work in PDP-8 OMNIBUS, even tho it will mechanically fit.

Look on the bright side - it's a good job you spotted your error before doing any damage to your '8'...

If you bought it in error - I might be interested for my UNIBUS PDP-11/45. Looking for various additional cards (especially serial/parallel I/O).

Depends on the shipping charges though as to how sensible this will be. I guess you are in the States. I am in the UK.

Dave

Don't EVEN try! It is a PDP-11 UNIBUS SPC card, it will not work in PDP-8 OMNIBUS, even tho it will mechanically fit.

Thanks for confirming what I was pretty certain was the case...no way I was going to plug it in!

Back