• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Other US Areas IBM 5170 PC 2 Floppy Drives,

Covers the non-continental US, including Alaska, Haiwaii, Puerto Rico and other territories.

Yoshim

Delivery Options
International Shipping or Local Pickup
IBM 5170 PC 2 Floppy Drives, IBM 5153 Monitor, Original Keyboard

I have used this for IBM 5170 as personal computer, it's in working condition, IBM 5153 Color Display, working vintage keyboard.
All listed are inclusive, the fan running perfectly well. Comes with original cords.
All the keys are working on the keyboard, it display 16 colors.
Free local pickup, also courier drop off within 2 - 4 business working days.

US $1,750
If interested: yoshiim@protonmail.com

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • 5.png
    5.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 25
  • s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
is this the standard price for one of these in working condition? just curious
I'd say no, I mean unless there are some really special expansion cards installed that we can't see. That same setup seems to go for $700 or less on eBay, at least from a very quick glance.......and eBay is the standard for high prices.

Something does not seem right. OP says was used as a personal computer, but listing on ebay says...

"As far as I know, this unit is in great condition. I don't know a ton about vintage computers". So which is it? Do you know about vintage computers and used it regularly, or do you not know anything much about it?

Also the price is insane. Front bezel is cracked on right side. Worth maybe 500ish tops.

And the price on eBay is $1999. So the initial post said he's been using it regularly. But the post on eBay claims he doesn't know alot about vintage computers. Something stinks here and it's not just the price. I agree $500 tops.

Note: After my previous post, the OP changed their location from 'Ak' to 'Oregon'.
And now the location has gone.
As far as I am concerned, the 'body of evidence' indicates this thread as being fake (e.g. a scam, e.g. a mechanism by which someone gets manipulation kicks).
Caveat emptor.

He's not commenting here for obvious reasons.
The standard keyboard was the Model F/AT or optionally, the silver square badge model M 1390131. His 3rd gen Model M dates to late 1993 at the earliest.

This is the eBay listing at https://www.ebay.com/itm/275627937608, the listing containing, "Located in: Portland, Oregon, United States"
The OP's location is listed as 'Ak', which according to what I read, is Alaska.
If you compare the description here and in the auction, it does not match. One of the two must be a previous owner and the other one a reseller.

Anyway, just another try to sell something way over-priced. (and I *still* don't understand why the marketplace is "free to all").

Back