• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM EGA card DIP switch settings

If you have an EGAWonder, why bother with the IBM board at all?

The IBM EGA card is the only one I have. Else I would have tried it :)

I can confirm that on a 5170, three beeps (1 long then 2 short) is video related.
That's what I hear when I remove the EGA card from my serviceable 5170.

Thanks for trying it out. I guess my card is dead then...

I tried it with and without the daughterboard but with the same results. I don't suppose you know what the jumpers are used for on the card (not the DIPs)? I did try with them in different positions, and reseated the chips, but it gave the same result (I've also searched around on the Internet and not found anything).

Thanks, Google!

Thanks, Google!

You know, Google would have answered this question perfectly well. DIP switch settings for EGA cards are not a state secret.

Just wanted to let you know that I just did a Google search for "IBM CGA DIP switch", and this thread was the first result.

Had the original poster not posted, I would have not found it. Thanks, original poster! (And I also have now found a great new resource in "The Vintage Computer Forums". I've been collecting old Macintoshes for years, but just started collecting IBMs, so I have a feeling I'll be here often.)

I don't know, but my guess is it's another name for the Enhanced Graphics Adapter Jumper Card. It's joined to the EGA card by a cable, so it seems like a candidate. It's for interfacing with the 4055 InfoWindow display (touch-screen).

I don't know, but my guess is it's another name for the Enhanced Graphics Adapter Jumper Card. It's joined to the EGA card by a cable, so it seems like a candidate. It's for interfacing with the 4055 InfoWindow display (touch-screen).

Usually on the microchannel side a "coprocessor adapter" was a card with a controller for multiple ports. Yes, here that doesn't make sense. For the 4055 InfoWindow information see http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/Infowindow/Infowindow.html.

Back