• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM lot in Richmond, VA

TomFCS

Experienced Member
Anyone else seen this one? Too bad it's pickup only and nowhere near me. $1.00 starting bid. Maybe of interest to someone close by.

Ebay item number: 170307322469

A similair(likely the same) lot was available a few months ago when I went to KY to get that computer lot. I could've gotten the VA lot for free or next to nothing, but decided the KY lot was alot better than that.

Of course, I'd go get it now if I didnt move back to TX. Oh well, I have too much stuff already.

*slaps self for previous comment*

--Ryan

Only hours to go and the bid is still just a dollar!!!

That load is worth a lot of money, imo.

Good luck if someone here gets it!!!

I hope I get it for a dollar, but either way it's totally mine, I'm willing to go a decent amount for it..

Shame tho that its 200mi or so away from me, so the gas cost makes up for the cheapness even at the price of $1. Worth it tho..

Guys,

Hate to be the heavy, but comments about how far away you are and why it's so sad that you can't bid on something are really superfluous .. if everybody chipped in and made such comments, it would be unreadable around here.

We need to keep the signal to noise ration acceptable .. please keep that in mind when posting so that we all can enjoy.

I'm happy he is going to get some good money for it all. He hauled it all out of his attic to inventory what all he had, responding to my ad on CL :p I wasn't really interested in any XT stuff, though...

Someone got a good deal. I'm just glad he went through with the auction and
didn't 'pull it' because it was worth 'thousands of dollars' as suggested in
a comment on the auction :) Almost funny reading that.

Bad thing is ....that now anyone listing a 5150 will first search to see what
its worth , find that auction comment, and start the bidding way high :-(

Well I thought it was nice to see that the seller got at least a few dollars for it. When reading the listing, the seller's seemed more concerned about just getting rid of it and less concerned about making a huge profit from the sale. Hopefully both parties involved are satisfied with how things worked out.

IMO the final price was a bit less than I thought it would end up being. My guess would have been somewhere between $250 and $300, mostly because of it being a local pickup only. Offering an option to ship, even if expensive, may have been a more profitable strategy for the seller to take. Of course this is just my own opinion.

Back