• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM PS/1 RAM (2 MB or 4MB) (P/N 92F9694)

twillkickers

Experienced Member
Some models of the IBM PS/1 use a proprietary RAM module that is becoming difficult to find. I am particularly interested in the 4MB module, which is part number 92F9694. If anyone has one, I would love to buy it! Please tell me what you would want for it.

PS. If anyone knows of an alternative that would work, please tell me! It is hard to find documentation on these old products.

FYI, I am still on the lookout for this kind of RAM. Please PM me or post if you have one you'd be willing to sell, or if you know of a place where I could find them.

Good luck. I've been looking for one of these for years. Kingston also made aftermarket RAM upgrade modules for these early PS/1s, but it's no easier to find than the original IBM modules. The only thing I've ever seen on eBay was the 512 KB upgrade module for the original 286 PS/1 (Model 2011).

What model PS/1? I use 72-pin FPM PPD in my 2133. KTM-0130 is the Kingston 8MB version and there are several on ebay right now. IBM p/n 92G7203, 92G7520, and 92G7202.

These are for the "semi-all-in-one" 386SX PS/1 Model 2121, which uses proprietary card-edge RAM modules that plug into the front, after removing the front panel bezel. The original 286 PS/1 Model 2011 used a similar but incompatible proprietary RAM module (shown below).

pareja.jpg

ps1_2011_ramexp_front2.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I sent him a message but like a lot of fleabay sellers he hasn't replied... :( Appreciate the effort. Still on the lookout if anyone has one.

Well he did end up replying after a while and he is sending one my way!! I'm still interested in more if anybody here has additional units. Thanks!

Hi,
I also searched for such modules with no success. I decided to investigate how to build my own.
Started some tests to extend my 2121 from 2048MB to 4096MB, soldering 2x 1MB 30 pin SIMMs through a home made adapter inserted in J5. It works, with corrupted memory test (too much floating wires ��) but I hope I will fix it with a clean design.
The goal is to produce 4MB modules using currently available dram chips.

Hi,
I also searched for such modules with no success. I decided to investigate how to build my own.
Started some tests to extend my 2121 from 2048MB to 4096MB, soldering 2x 1MB 30 pin SIMMs through a home made adapter inserted in J5. It works, with corrupted memory test (too much floating wires ��) but I hope I will fix it with a clean design.
The goal is to produce 4MB modules using currently available dram chips.

If you're successful, please let us know! I'm also searching for a 2 or 4MB RAM module, with no luck for now... Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

as a 'recent' owner of an IBM PS/1 2121 machine, I am also looking for a 2MB or 4MB RAM expansion.

I came across this project which looks really good - wondering if interested members of this thread (and forum) can build it? I am afraid my skills are not that good (yet) to do it myself :)

https://github.com/realfogman/ps1_ram_expansion

Back