• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PS/2 Cryptographic Adapter 31F1713 MCA card

Wormetti

Experienced Member
Long shot but does anyone have the setup disks/option disk for this card? I have no idea what I'd use it for but it would be nice to just get the system booting from the hard drive while this card is installed in my model 50Z.

I get error 165 (adapter configuration error) on boot with it installed and if I boot the IBM 50Z reference disk, it says "The description file for the adapter in slot 1 was not found. Insert the diskette with the correct file and press Enter."

These cards were used in ATMs in the early 90s.

Last edited:
QBMCA identifies it but the ID was already listed here: http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/jpg/d77f_1.jpg

So now I need @D77F.ADF but if it's out there, it's hidden well. Not surprising considering what it was used for. I can at least remove the 165 error by making my own ADF but the resources used will be wrong.

fUUvYAR.jpg

HR7YACy.jpg

offtopic: Where can I get a slot cover for an empty MCA slot on PS/2 50Z?

Last edited:
Scarce as hen's teeth...

These are NOT listed, and if you don't know what they are, you don't need it.

4755 Cryptographic Adapter /A .

Wish I could get a good quality image of the -002 and of the later -004, -005 and -014. I'd like to see the 4755 exposed, with the metal cover removed. Expect IBM ASIC action...

These were used in the 4753 Network Security Processor (NSP), which is just a slight modification of the 3172 Model 3. I think it used an H or L complex, with a P complex as an option.

I only just noticed this. Good to know the ADF file was found. Unfortunately I sold the card in 2014. I still have the email address of the buyer, I could ask them for more photos if they still have it.

I found some more images I took before I sold it. I had no idea there was an 80186 in there, so I had a 186 in my 286 :p

ibm-cryptographic-01.jpgibm-cryptographic-02.jpg

ibm-cryptographic-03.jpg

Last edited:
Back