• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PS/2 Model 56 486SLC2

I had one from a 77, not exactly the same, but possibly plug-compatible.. it's gone now, though, don't recall what I did with it.

I had one from a 77, not exactly the same, but possibly plug-compatible.. it's gone now, though, don't recall what I did with it.

The PSU from the 9533 is also plug-compatible, but a lower wattage - it doesn't even have a fan for cooling...

Speaking of the 40/57/77 PSUs, the later section of this page shows voltages and connections: http://ibmmuseum.com/ohlandl/76-77/77_Power.html

It has to be a PSU from a Model 35SX, 56, or 76 to physically fit, but some troubleshooting could be done with a 40/57/77 PSU...

I tested the power supply not attached to the computers and they do the same thing - one does nothing at all and the other powers on for anywhere from 5 seconds to 1 minute 30 secs and then just suddenly turns off and will turn on again after around 3-10 seconds. Looks like the chances of me getting these computers running again without spending a fortune is very slim...

Back