• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM Selectic TypeWriter

gerrydoire

Veteran Member
Maybe someone has a lead on this, I've tried and found a dead end.

I'm looking for True Type or Open Type fonts, that resemble the
fonts that the IBM Selectric Typewriter had on metal balls.

Two fonts in particular are:

Bookface and Light Italic.

Thanks for any help :)

Have you tried looking for Postscript, Adobe type 1, or even TeX fonts ? I think early versions of OS/2 had some selectric-style fonts in there, but I've no easy way of checking this at the moment.
patscc

Buffers crossed
You know, that line actually has a certain ring to it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's a Firefly line, or a Enterprise potential line.
patscc

Have you tried looking for Postscript, Adobe type 1, or even TeX fonts ? I think early versions of OS/2 had some selectric-style fonts in there, but I've no easy way of checking this at the moment.
patscc

So many fonts to look through, it would take an eternity.

Buffers crossed
You know, that line actually has a certain ring to it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's a Firefly line, or a Enterprise potential line.

Thanks. I was actually referring to the left and middle mouse button buffers, as you probably know, but when I wrote that I immediately recognized the usefulness of the phrase for other references. :)

PS: I didn't mean to drag this up again, but needed to post in the "other" category in order to check the search function on the forum.

Back