• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IDE DOM Recommendations?

TANSTAAFL. I really appreciate this discussion! WRT OP query, PQI 128MB DOM seem to have two up-votes, otherwise general silence and a case made for a Startech SATA to IDE bridge connected to a Kingston SSD (or equivalents). Perhaps there's leaning towards the latter solution when the space requirement is in the GB+ range. Is that a fair summary? (Ducks and covers ...)

For the amount of usage a typical XT is going to have, any solution probably works. If you intend to do something silly that requires more write endurance, then go with the higher end of CF, SD card or SSD as needed.

I had a terrible time with generic SD Card to IDE converters I purchased on Amazon so personally I'll never touch one of those again. (Several samples failed on a jrIDE and on a real IDE interface on an Athlon class system.) They work for some people but unless I can get a specific maker that somebody claims works well I don't want to try again.

TANSTAAFL. I really appreciate this discussion! WRT OP query, PQI 128MB DOM seem to have two up-votes, otherwise general silence and a case made for a Startech SATA to IDE bridge connected to a Kingston SSD (or equivalents). Perhaps there's leaning towards the latter solution when the space requirement is in the GB+ range. Is that a fair summary? (Ducks and covers ...)
I usually get XT-IDE+CF from Blue Lava Systems but due to a supply issue I ended up getting another one that was just XT-IDE, so looking for something I can put on that.

Back