• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Imagewriter 2 Cable and ribbon

USSEnterprise

Experienced Member
Hi.

I just picked up an Apple IIc setup with monitor, mouse, and an Imagewriter II. I did not get the cable for the Imagewriter. Is this simply an ebay thing, or will some other cable work? Also, are the ribbons obtainium?

Hi.

I just picked up an Apple IIc setup with monitor, mouse, and an Imagewriter II. I did not get the cable for the Imagewriter. Is this simply an ebay thing, or will some other cable work? Also, are the ribbons obtainium?

The Imagewriter II uses a standard Apple serial cable (DIN-type plug). These should be easy to find online if you don't have one. I bought a box of the ribbons on eBay, but you might not find these right away.

you can purchase new cable. But you need to check your cable pin or slots are match your monitor or machine. count your machine slots pin easily purchase new cable from authorized Apple show room.
It'll work properly.

Unfortunately he can't go to an Apple Store, or the like to get a cable for the ImageWriter II. The Imagewriter II uses a serial connection and no Mac has used a serial connection in several years. His best bet is to Google ImageWriter II which will bring up results like this: http://sewelldirect.com/10ft-Beige-...se&cvsfa=1306&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=53572d3236333837 or look around eBay for an ImageWriter II cable.

Dean

Last edited by a moderator:
Back