• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Import Files Inside A CP/M Disk Image

Henryarundel

Hello!

I am trying kaypro2x rom inside MAME emulator. I have downloaded k2x22g.td0 and k2g-blnk.td0 disk images. These are compatible with the MAME kaypro2x rom.
The first is a bootable CP/M 2.2G system disk (81-292-A) and the second is also a bootable CP/M 2.2G disk, but it is blank. This is the disk image I need. I converted
it to IMD and DSK formats with the help of TD02IMD.COM and IMDU.EXE respectively (downloaded from Daves Old Computers site).

So now I have three bootable disk images (TD0, IMD, DSK) that can boot in kaypro2x in MAME.
I also have four independent .COM files (MYCHESS.COM, MYCHESSN.COM, MYCHESSX.COM, MYCONFIG.COM), in a folder of my HDD.

My Question: Is there a way to import (copy) these files inside one of these blank disk images, TD0, IMD, DSK? Or, better, inside every one of them?

I have tried the CPMdskTool java program (downloaded from this site) with no success. It just doesn't seem to import anything inside the disk image.

I use Windows, Linux and (of course) DOS. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Well, I don't know about Larry K's stuff and if it works with a loop device under Linux, but the registrants of 22Disk when it was last offered got a copy of FCTOD, which works off of raw image files.

I have some tools I use for my Kaypro simulator that may be of help. You can pre-populate a raw image with files or manipulate it with cpmtools, then convert to IMD. Message me if you haven't already, and think it will help.

Back