• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IMSAI newbie, no idea what I'm looking at

found it! a tiny solder blob on one of the switches to the trace next to it. I'm able to run test 1 now!

sorry for wasting your time today, but I always learn from these troubleshooting threads.

thank you so very much!!!!

I have some serial cards and a video card I want to explore soon. but for now, I want to get the panel sealed back up and functioning!!!

>>> sorry for wasting your time today, but I always learn from these troubleshooting threads.

No problem at all. I am doing something else at the same time (although my wife would suggest that this is not a wise move for the male of the species!).

That is good that you are learning things. After all, that is really the purpose! I also get to look in more details at machines that I don't own. I am not a fan of the 8080 to be honest (ok, don't flame me). I am more a Z80 person (having grown up first with the 6800 (on a Motorola 6800D2) and then with the Z80 in a kit-built NASCOM-1).

Yes, enjoy the basic machine first and then upgrade. Doing it this way you get to 'experience' the machine as you would have if you had bought it new as a basic machine and then expanded it.

I still have a couple of very simple machine lying around that I get out occasionally and go back in time... You then realise how much computing has come on from the dim and distant days...

Dave

panel on, still works! only lost one nylon spacer during the repair, printing some now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 12.05.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 12.05.06 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 13
Back