• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Installing DOS games onto iPhone from original, physical retail media! No jailbreak!

napabar

This was fun to experiment with. I used the iDOS program from the app store (which lets you side-load DOS software), then proceeded to see I could install games from their original media of floppy disks and CD-ROMs. One problem, the iPhone doesn't work with USB Floppy drives or USB CD-ROMs. Just another thing to figure out. Did I mention I used a PS/2 keyboard and mouse with the iPhone too? Hope you guys like!

https://youtu.be/iyDg5DOxcTI

I love getting sucked into this type of posting and then realize it is April 1st in some parts of the world right now...;)

Somewhere there was video of someone plugging a floppy drive in to a Tesla media center and playing a small mp3 from it. As far as I know, that was real.

Somewhere there was video of someone plugging a floppy drive in to a Tesla media center and playing a small mp3 from it. As far as I know, that was real.

That same trick works on my Honda Civic.

I've also wondered if it's possible to hook up my Samsung S20 to a dial-up network using my USRobotics USB dial-up modem. In fact that's the same modem I used to regularly hook up to NetZero on my XP desktop until 2017.

Back