• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Intel Inboard 386/PC available on eBay

Right. It's been plugged in that way to protect it for the past.... 30 years or so? But yes the ribbon goes into the 40 pin inline on the board then goes over to replace the 8088 CPU.

No to NT or later. The last version of Windows that will run on an Inboard 386 is Win 3.0. Even Win 3.1 can't run on it.
it does run if you have the 4MB expansion available to buy here from Harrison :D
The smart people here were able to get the drivers from the inboard 3.0 windows to run 3.11

It's an interesting board. Basically it plugs into an XT slot, has a cable that replaces the CPU, and can be either a 6 or 8mhz 286 processor. I don't think there was any supporting software, you turn the cache on and off with a jumper and there's another one for the um.... 80287 clock speed but that's about it. Here's some pics.

dkyylwC.jpg
JKP2rRz.jpg
I have one of these snagged it at VCF West, no cable but my breakthru card cable worked! no software needed and actually the original as I read on an old review didn't ship with anything. its plug and play!

Back